I just want to say that you’ve all done a great job this year both in class and online. This is the most bizarre way to end the year but you’ve all shown strength through this. I know everyone will be busy with finals so I want to give you something fun to work on.
I want you to write me a one page essay detailing your favorite part of my class, your personal highlights, something you’re proud of and how you think you’ve grown this year. Im sure you will all have plenty of write about and I can’t wait to read your responses.
We're almost done everyone! I hope you're looking forward to you summer.
This week were going to look into fermentation.
watch this video followed by this video
1) Both videos discuss cultures and fermentation, what are some examples of fermented foods you and your ancestors shared?
2) In the second video, the speaker talks about bacteria adapting to our antibiotics. How has our modern lifestyle changed the way we address bacteria? Ask your parents how bacteria was viewed when they were your age, were natural remedies viewed the same as they are today?
3) How do different environments affect our microbiome? Do some people process certain foods and bacteria better because of inherited traits or because of their environment?
Good job last week everyone, we're in the final stretch!
Watch this video and reflect.
1. Looking at the dishes in the video, how do they make you feel? Does food like this appeal to you or is it too much?
2. What is the Michelin guide and how does it work? What are its origins?
3. What is the lifestyle of a successful Michelin chef? Do you think that its sustainable?
4. List the restaurants in the US which currently hold Michelin stars and when they attained them.
Thanks everyone, email me if you need help!